Thursday, January 24, 2008

Set Up For A Letdown

Hah. So Billy came over tonight. We talked, had leftover pizza, discussed work and his stressing over selling his tickets.

The story:
Billy signed a contract for his band saying that they had to sell 60 tickets ($12 each, $720 total) or they couldn't play at the The Dreaming's CD Release party. Austin (guitarist) calls the Whiskey A Go Go and tells them it's too had to sell tickets. BAD IDEA! They told him that either you sell them or you owe them the money and they could take Billy to court. Hmmm. So Billy got furious because no one except him has ever had to sell tickets and that if his bandmates/friends didn't pull through for him this once, he wouldn't be their friends anymore. "Fuck them! I won't take this shit, I won't let them walk all over me anymore." he said, and for once... I thought I saw him standing his ground.

I was happy to hear him stand his ground. I mean, he's NEVER stood his ground with Robby. Ever. Like seriously, he's a real pushover to this jerk. And I don't see why. So this time it actually seemed like he would and I was happy for him (I mean it was about time!).

But tonight he missed a call from Robby and called him back, I was fine with it- I thought it would be a short convo since Billy was apparently "mad" at him. But no. Half an hour later goes by and I'm sitting there freezing my ass off in his car, listening to Robby spoon-feed Billy all flavors of bullshit. THEN he asks Billy if he's going to Winter Ball (for PD, mind you. And he had told me he wasn't going and didn't care about it) .....and he says 'Yeah.'

Hahaha. Wow. This kind of irritated me cause we'd talked about it and I guess I got the idea he wasn't going to go. I mean, I feel like going to a dance AFTER you graduate high school is one thing (one immature and useless thing) but going to a dance for a school you NEVER went to AND have already graduated...is a complete other. Not to mention when you're short on cash (a ticket is $30. Plus an outfit +/- $60. Plus food +/- $15.)...

I don't know. I guess I had hope that he was maturing a little more, getting his priorities on track. One of the main reasons I took a break with Billy is cause I felt like he needed to mature a little, so I guess when I thought I saw that little spark of him maturing... well I got excited. And now he's going back to his old ways of letting his friends walk all over him and not standing his ground with Robby.

It's just kinda disappointing.

No comments: